Friday, November 13, 2009

Review : the EVERAFTER by Amy Huntley


Title : The Everafter

Author: Amy Huntley

Rating: 4.25 out of 5 stars


About the book:

Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this--she is dead. And alone, in a vast, dark space. The only company she has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things Maddy lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that with these artifacts, she can re-experience--and sometimes even change--moments from her life.
Her first kiss.
A trip to Disney World.
Her sister's wedding.
A disastrous sleepover.
In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and sometimes frightening truths about her life--and death.
 
My Review

Ok. Writing a review of this book was really difficult for me.

This book starts with the line “I’m Dead. “.Now, that’s what made me really curious to read the book! It’s about a girl named Madison Stanton. She is curious, frightened, isolated, and lonely and above all stuck up in vast, dark place called IS. At least this is what she names it! All she can see is a ring of light. She doesn’t know how to get out of IS. And in trying hard to do so, she finds different kinds of objects like a bracelet, Orchids, sweatshirt, a ticket, Ring, piece of paper, peas and many more. Now she is totally confused. Somehow she does remember them, one by one, each taking her back to relive those moments, the snippets of her life and sometimes even change them. Madison is surrounded with a pool of mysteries and she is resolved to solve them. As and how she relives these moments, Madison learns “illuminating and sometimes frightening truths about her life-and death”, as the back of the book says.


I loved the way how Madison drew meaning from incidents and related to the object in question. I did not find it haunting at all. I wasn’t sad because she was dead, as I knew that she did exist, if not in body, but in soul. A person's energy never dies, it always exists in some or the other form. And this is the state where Madison is.


I found the initial part of the book a little confusing, but then, later it sorted itself out. The way author Amy Huntley has written the book from the start is amazing. I could feel and go through what Madison had been through. Trapped, Frustrated in the same moments where she was.


In short, I loved the book. All in all, a different YA book with not much high school drama involved and with a perfect ending.Do read it !

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I've seen this book around and have been curious about it. Thank you for the review as I may have to read it now.

November 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger IceJewel said...

Ryan, I hope you like the book.Can be a good break when you are done with reading an action-packed book :)

November 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Alyssa Kirk said...

This wasn't what I expected but I did enjoy it. Very thought provoking. Great review!

November 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home